MHTP is a partnership between:
- Monash Health – Victoria’s largest public health service, working with translational research partners to provide exceptional care and outstanding outcomes.
- Hudson Institute of Medical Research – Improving global wellbeing through excellence in medical research and clinical application.
- School of Clinical Sciences at Monash Health, Monash University – Australia’s largest university with an international reputation for innovative health research.
MHTP is also a critical component of Monash Partners Academic Health Science Centre.
Through these partnerships, leading researchers have direct access to clinicians and patients, enabling scientific breakthroughs to reach the bedside more effectively than ever before.
To facilitate the vision of the MHTP, the partners, with the support of the Federal Government, built the MHTP Translational Research Facility (TRF), which was completed in October 2015. By co-locating research institutes and clinicians, the TRF creates stronger ties between basic and clinical research teams, clinicians and patients.
The vision of the Monash Health Translation Precinct (MHTP) partnership is to be a world leader in translational research, generating innovative scientific discoveries and revolutionising clinical care in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- is dedicated to translating medical research to improve healthcare,
- uses clinical insights to focus the agenda of basic research,
- is committed to innovative research development,
- enhances research collaboration locally, nationally and internationally.
- To develop the Precinct’s capacity for world-leading innovative translational research.
- To identify new opportunities for the translation of research into advances in healthcare.
- To improve the health and wellbeing of the population.
- To attract world-renowned research talent.
- To encourage collaboration and partnerships between clinicians and researchers.
- To optimise productive interactions between MHTP partners and external stakeholders.
- To increase efficiency by sharing resources and cutting edge platform technologies.
The MHTP is based in Clayton, within the Monash National Employment and Innovation Cluster.